Welcome to Smokey's Security Forums.
As a guest you only have limited access to the board and it's features, please consider registering to gain full access!
Registration is free and it only takes a few moments to complete.

Smokey's Security Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fileless attacks surge in 2017, security solutions are not stopping them

Fileless attacks are on the rise and are predicted to comprise 35 percent of all attacks next year, according to the Ponemon Institute.

Fileless attacks surge in 2017, security solutions are not stopping them

Malware Log Analysis & Removal Help * Ransomware Encryption & Decrytion Techniques * Official Jetico Inc. Support Forums

Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on TwitterAuthorTopic: EVALUATION COPY.BUILD 6002  (Read 14441 times)

KernowtalayTopic starter

Re: EVALUATION COPY.BUILD 6002
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 07:07:41 PM »
im not happy with HP, i did every step the email told me to do, it was done last night and the product code was activated and accepted on the site, :evil5:  but would you belive it,  >:( the god dam sign has come up again saying 2 day to activate, i did this last night, so i again have had to email them :evil5: below is what i have sent,

Incident ID 3790305
I HAVE FOLLOWED ALL THE STEPS IN THE EMAIL I WAS SENT FROM Ramachandra Aithal. BTechnical Support Engineer - HP e-Solutions AND IT WAS ACCETPED WHEN IT WAS ACTIVATED, BUT NOW IT IS SAYING I HAVE 2 DAYS TO ACTIVATE I HAVE DONE THIS, PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON, I AM NOW VERY ANGRY AS I STATED BEFORE I DIDNT GET ANY RESCUE DVD OR DISK WITH THIS SYSTEM, I PAID £344.99, FOR LESS THAN 23MTHS USE OF WINDOWS VISTA, PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP,
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE EMAIL LINK BELOW IS WHERE I HAVE GOT MY SUPPORT AND ADVICE, AND THAT IT IS BEING WATCHED VERY CLOSELY BY MANY MEMBERS AS TO HOW HP. ARE DEALING WITH THIS.
EVALUATION COPY.BUILD 6002
ANGELA TAYLOR (ANGRY, UPSET, AND STRESSED)

Starbuck

• Site Owner
  • .: Leader Malware Analysis & Removal Team
  • -: Site Help Desk - Support Department
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 10:38:40 PM »
thank you for the help with the product code ooops lol didnt think to look there

no problem, glad you found it.

i have sent them another email asking for the rescue dvd, to be sent to me a no charge.

Good for you.
Some vendors try to take the easy way out all the time by not providing things in the first place.
I personally think that every vendor should be made to issue installation discs for Operating Systems.

i will keep you up-todate with the reply email

Ok, thanks.

KernowtalayTopic starter

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 09:52:51 PM »
hi starbuck,
thank you for the help with the product code ooops lol didnt think to look there :icon_redface:
i have followed all the steps that they emailed me and i have sent them another email asking for the rescue dvd, to be sent to me a no charge.
i also gave them the link to smokey-services, and informed them that the link is being watched and it maybe of help to other members of this site, if they have the same problem :2fingers:
i will keep you up-todate with the reply email
 kernowtalay

Starbuck

• Site Owner
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 03:30:14 PM »
Hi kernowtalay

Smokey is away for a couple of days, but has asked me to keep him informed of this thread.
I've sent him a copy of the email you received from HP.
He has said to say that:
You are free to include a link to this thread in a response to HP and to let them know that other members are watching the outcome of this problem.

To add a link to this thread....
Left click on the address bar at the top of the page, so that the smokey address link is highlighted.
Then right click and select 'copy'.
You can then paste it into any email.

Thanks.

Starbuck

• Site Owner
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »
i had a look at the link and it want a code  >:( dont understand which code they mean could u help me with this bit please, i seem to have lost the plot.

This is probably the 'Product ID Code' ... it should be on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop.

KernowtalayTopic starter

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 12:20:52 AM »
Hi smokey,
what can i say i have got a reply email from them but they dont seem to read what i have wrote i told them that my system states activated but nope do they listen nope they dont, below is the cut and paste of what they sent me, :evil5:

Thank you for contacting Hewlett-Packard.   This is in response to your e-mail regarding the HP Compaq 6720s Notebook PC.    Hello Angela, Thank you for contacting HP e-Solutions. This e-mail is with reference to the case number: 3790004 for HP Compaq 6720s Notebook PC. According to your e-mail, I understand that ‘evaluation copy and needs to be activated’ message appears on screen and looking for the Recovery discs for your unit. I will be glad to assist you regarding this issue. Angela, in order to activate the Windows Vista Operating system I suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps provided in the document: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01053605&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN Please click on the above web link to get the document. In order to get the Recovery discs for your unit I suggest you to contact HP UK support. Since, we at the HP Global Support Team would provide you assistance for all technical queries. However, to get any replacement part or accessories for the Notebook/Desktop, please contact HP Support in your country. You may contact the HP UK support at: 0845 270 4000 Or HP UK chat support at: http://welcome.hp.com/gms/uk/en/contact/chat_1.html (If your model is not supported through the Chat system please use the Support Case Management tool or the Phone support): http://h50203.www5.hp.com/HPISWeb/Customer/AdviceDisclaimer.aspx?option=activechat&callfrom=hp&origin=acc&cc=US,UK&ctype=n Please click on the above web link to get the support web page and accept the Disclaimer and you will reach the Chat support for UK region. Please go ahead and contact HP UK support to get the Recovery discs for your unit.  Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance; we will be glad to assist you. Once again, thank you for contacting HP e-Solutions. Regards,Ramachandra Aithal. BTechnical Support Engineer - HP e-Solutions Do help share feedback with my Manager by mailing us at (Feedback_pt@hp.com) NOTE: Our advice is strictly limited to the question(s) asked and is based on the information provided to us. Problems and solutions may depend on the nature of your system environment and various other parameters that are unknown to HP; therefore, HP cannot assume any responsibility or liability. Hewlett-Packard shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages in connection with the use of this information.   Sincerely,  HP Email Support   Please include the following identifier in the subject line of all future correspondence relating to this ticket.

i now have to reply to them again to tel them it is activated but i had a look at the link and it want a code  >:( dont understand which code they mean could u help me with this bit please, i seem to have lost the plot.
well of i go and reply to them again :evil5:
thanks smokey
will keep you updated
kernowtalay

Smokey

• Former Site Owner: Deceased - sadly missed
  • Charter Member
  • .: ~veritas odium parit~
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 11:31:46 PM »
will keep u updated

Appreciated, i am really interested how HP's reaction will be. Let's hope they solve the issue in a very fast and satisfying way.
many thanks

You're welcome.  :)

<S>

Smokey

• Charter Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 10:18:13 PM »
To me it is an amazing fact that a pre-installed Vista OS with a BETA service pack is offered to customers, i never heard such before...
Such (leaked) packs are NOT officially released by Microsoft, and should NEVER be installed on a production machine like yours. An unacceptable and irresponsible behavior of the vendor!

It's obvious that on your laptop such beta/evaluation service pack is installed, this kind of service packs will expire after certain period. Vendor should fix the issue right away.

KernowtalayTopic starter

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 09:36:53 PM »
hi smokey,
i have done everything you have told to do, and i have also emailed hp with all information and informed them that i was never given the dvd or rescuse disk and that i want them asap :evil5:
but i will also try the new information you have given me and will keep u updated many thanks
kernowtalay

Smokey

• Charter Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 09:22:25 PM »
You can give this a try too: remove Vista SP2 -Service Pack for Microsoft Windows (KB948465)- and reinstall. I assume that the vendor of your laptop installed a beta version of SP2, therefore you need to remove that version and install the official SP2 release.

More info how to download Vista SP2: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791

Smokey

• Charter Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 05:03:19 PM »
How to Check and Verify Vista Activation Status: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/03/02/how-to-check-and-verify-vista-activation-status/

I recommend to use the mentioned "Software Licensing Manager (SLMgr)" command-line based scripting tool, to check activation status and view licensing status of Vista, and to show expiration date of current license state if Windows Vista is not permanently activated.

KernowtalayTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 04:57:09 PM »
hi smokey,
thank you for your reply, and nope i got no disk of any kind, he had it instore and was unopened when i purchased it, how do i stand as it states i only have a one year warrenty, where shall i look to see if it is the real vista,

kernowtalay

Smokey

• Charter Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 04:45:53 PM »
Strange story, and the guy talking about a bug and additional costs is telling crap. Are your sure it regard a genuine Windows Vista? Was the laptop delivered with a rescue DVD?

Please read this article: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistainstall/thread/b1d428ae-5e4d-4024-be25-9780970d3637 Note this in particular:

Legally a system builder must give you a way to restore the computer to factory condition, e.g. by providing a recovery disc set, or by providing a real operating system disc.

Anyway, legally it is up to that guy to fix the issue, it is HIS prob, not yours. Don't accept his crappy talk.

KernowtalayTopic starter

EVALUATION COPY.BUILD 6002
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 04:24:16 PM »
in may 2008, i purchased a hp laptop with windows vista tm, home basic pre-installed service pack 2, v.286.
it is a 1.00gb memory and a 32 bit operating system.
last week in the bottom right hand corner it show up EVALUATION COPY.BUILD 6002, as i didnt understand this and it tells me i need a product code, i checked my laptops system information and it states windows is activated and has my full product id underneath.
so i took it to the place of purchase and he has informed me that it needs to been reinstalled as i have a bug >:(
i asked him why i would have to have a full reinstall if i purchased the laptop with windows vista already installed on purchase  :evil5: he said it will cost me up to £60 or more,
is it a bug? i have now 3 days untill it says it will no longer work.
please if anybody can help, i will be more that grateful

kernowtalay

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Except where otherwise stated, all content, graphics, banners and images included © 2006 - 2017 Smokey Services™ -- All rights reserved
Design board graphics, banners and images by Meg&Millie - Emma aka Tinker

This site does not store profiling-, tracking-, third-party and/or any other non-essential cookie(s) on client computers and is fully compliant with the EU ePrivacy Directive
Smokey's does not use any Web Analytics/Analysis Service, and also does not use any browser fingerprinting techniques

Smokey's also provides free fully qualified FRST (Farbar Recovery Scan Tool) Log / Malware Analysis & Removal Help and System Health Checks
rifle
rifle
rifle
rifle