Malwarebytes 3.0 combines the malware-fighting technology of â€” anti-malware, anti-ransomware, anti-exploit, and malicious website protectionâ€”into one program that scans 4x faster than previous versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
On installation the 14 day trial version will begin.
At the end of the 14 day trial, the program will switch to the free version. (and you will lose some of the functions)
Malwarebytes 3.0 Free will have the same capabilities as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, but with a 3x to 4x scan speed improvement.
Although compatible with Win XP through to Win 10 ....The Anti-Ransomware technology is only enabled on Windows 7 or higher.Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a previous version of MalwareBytes AntiMalware, Anti-Exploit or Anti-Ransomware please uninstall these before commencing with the installation instructions below.To remove previous versions:
.To install MalwareBytes V3
- Uninstall MalwareBytes AntiMalware, Anti-Exploit or Anti-Ransomware (if installed) using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.
- Restart your computer (very important).
- Download mbam clean and save to your Desktop.
- Please close all open applications to avoid any conflicts when running the tool.
- Locate the file mbam-clean.exe and double-click to run it... Vista/Windows 7/8/10 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.. and follow the onscreen prompts.
- It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so (very important)
Download Malwarebytes Version 3
When the link opens, click Save
and save it to your Desktop.
Double click the desktop icon. Vista/Windows 7/8/10 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
Click to OK any security messages and then on the next screen select your language and then Click OK
Read the license agreement and if agreeable, Click to accept and then Click Next
If agreeable, go with the default and Click Next
Decide if you want to create a Start Menu folder or not.I recommend you leave this box blank
and then Click Next
Decide if you want a Desktop Icon for MalwareBytes or not and then Click Next
MalwareBytes will now open to the Dashboard.
All protection should now enable and the update process should begin.
Once the update process has completed, Click Scan Now
to start your first Threat scan.