Welcome to Smokey's Security Forums.
As a guest you only have limited access to the board and it's features, please consider registering to gain full access!
Registration is free and it only takes a few moments to complete.

Smokey's Security Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New Locky Ransomware Takes Another Turn

A newly discovered strain of Locky ransomware has been discovered masquerading as legitimate Microsoft Word documents.

New Locky Ransomware Takes Another Turn

Malware Log Analysis & Removal Help * Ransomware Encryption & Decrytion Techniques * Official Jetico Inc. Support Forums

Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on TwitterAuthorTopic: keyboard changes  (Read 1224 times)

Starbuck

• Site Owner
  • .: Leader Malware Analysis & Removal Team
  • -: Site Help Desk - Support Department
Re: keyboard changes
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 03:16:47 PM »
Hi handbaggirl

There are a couple of possibilities, besides malware.
Is this a Desktop system or a laptop?

Let's run a check on your system:

Note:
There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool available. Please pick the version that matches your operating system's bit type.

If you are unsure what you're system bit type is..... click Here for help.

For x32 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to your Desktop.

• Double-click the downloaded icon to run the tool.  Vista/Windows 7/8/10 users right-click and select Run As Administrator

• When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.

• Make sure that Addition.txt is selected at the bottom
  • Press Scan button.

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply also.
Once I have the 2 reports I should have a better idea of things.

Thanks

handbaggirlTopic starter

• Forum Friend
keyboard changes
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 03:04:53 PM »
Hi, im running windows 10, on start up today windows wouldnt let me log in under my outlook log in, it did allow me in as a guest? i then realised my keyboard wasnt working properly, if i tried to type@ i got : went to change it , removed what was now US region, and US language, changed it to UK, a box came up saying windows defender had blocked a Trojan, i have Defender disabled, i tried to run Avast but couldnt, i donwloaded Avira and ran it, nothing found, ran Malwarebytes, nothing found, uninstalled Avast, then reinstalled, uninstalled Avira, everything seems ok, but im worried that there is something there and i just havent found it, why else would my key board be changed and log in not allowed...any one got any ideas ? thanks

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Except where otherwise stated, all content, graphics, banners and images included © 2006 - 2017 Smokey Services™ -- All rights reserved
Design board graphics, banners and images by Meg&Millie - Emma aka Tinker

This site does not store profiling-, tracking-, third-party and/or any other non-essential cookie(s) on client computers and is fully compliant with the EU ePrivacy Directive
Smokey's does not use any Web Analytics/Analysis Service, and also does not use any browser fingerprinting techniques

Smokey's also provides free fully qualified FRST (Farbar Recovery Scan Tool) Log / Malware Analysis & Removal Help and System Health Checks
rifle
rifle
rifle
rifle