Welcome to Smokey's Security Forums.
Guests only have limited access to the board and it's features, please consider registering to gain full access!
Registration is free and it only takes a few moments to complete.

Smokey's Security Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Locky ransomware: Why this menace keeps coming back

It's one of the most successful forms of ransomware.
Here's why the Locky ransomware keeps disappearing - only to reappear again.

Locky ransomware: Why this menace keeps coming back

Malware Log Analysis & Removal Help * Ransomware Encryption & Decrytion Techniques * Official Jetico Inc. Support Forums

Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on TwitterAuthorTopic: What's the best single and combination AV softwares there is right now?  (Read 1687 times)

mikehendeTopic starter

I tried the trial version and since I had Mbam, Nod32, Eset kaspersky and others before, this seems to be the best and deserves the no.1 rating in my opinion.

Starbuck

• Site Owner
  • .: Leader Malware Analysis & Removal Team
  • -: Site Help Desk - Support Department
I especially like Bitdefender
mind if I ask your thoughts on it please?

It's not a program that i've tried, so i can't actually comment on it.
As most 'paid for' AV's have a trial version..... give them a try and see what suits you and your system the best.
Don't forget to uninstall one AV before installing another though.

mikehendeTopic starter

Thanks for the info Pete. I especially like Bitdefender, I see it has the highest ranking by PCMag but I like the interface and it's features, mind if I ask your thoughts on it please?

Starbuck

• Site Owner
  • .: Leader Malware Analysis & Removal Team
  • -: Site Help Desk - Support Department
Hi Mike,
That's not a very easy question to answer.
Basically no one program will do everything .... plus some programs seem to work on some systems better than others.
Kaspersky, Nod32 and Avira are all good 'paid for' programs..... it's just what works best for you that matters.

I also need a software which will give the option to scan any attached devices like an external HDD or flash drive?

Most should have this option.
MBAM has this option in the free version as well as the paid version.
You won't see the option if you run a quick scan.... but you will see it when running a full scan.
This is the main difference between the 2 scans.
If you have any extra drives connected, just select the 'All Drives' to scan and they'll be scanned...... that's one reason the full scan takes a lot longer.

mikehendeTopic starter

A lot of people ask me what's the best single virus protection available on the market right now which will protect against all malware, Microtrend, Kaspersky e.t.c? They also ask what's the best total protection system one can use to individually protect against viruses, adwares, spywares e.t.c? Any recommendations please? I also need a software which will give the option to scan any attached devices like an external HDD or flash drive?

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Except where otherwise stated, all content, graphics, banners and images included © 2006 - 2017 Smokey Services™ -- All rights reserved
Design board graphics, banners and images by Meg&Millie - Emma aka Tinker

This site does not store profiling-, tracking-, third-party and/or any other non-essential cookie(s) on client computers and is fully compliant with the EU ePrivacy Directive
Smokey's does not use any Web Analytics/Analysis Service, and also does not use any browser fingerprinting techniques

Smokey's also provides free fully qualified FRST (Farbar Recovery Scan Tool) Log / Malware Analysis & Removal Help and System Health Checks
rifle
rifle
rifle
rifle