Welcome to Smokey's Security Forums.
As a guest you only have limited access to the board and it's features, please consider registering to gain full access!
Registration is free and it only takes a few moments to complete.

Smokey's Security Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

A flaw in Google's bug database exposed private security vulnerability reports

The bug allowed the researcher to see the most sensitive vulnerabilities in Google's services.

​A flaw in Google's bug database exposed private security vulnerability reports

Malware Log Analysis & Removal Help * Ransomware Encryption & Decrytion Techniques * Official Jetico Inc. Support Forums

Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on TwitterAuthorTopic: Best options to prevent Malware attacks  (Read 1654 times)

mikehendeTopic starter

Re: Best options to prevent Malware attacks
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 11:01:40 PM »
Yes pete, i am talking about the paid version of each, MBAM has never really worked for me which is why I don't see why it's as popular as it is, meaning whenever in the past I would clean an infection, I've always had to resort to some other software to do the final cleaning and SAS in my experience may be the best software for spyware available today, thanks for the info and help!

Starbuck

• Site Owner
  • .: Leader Malware Analysis & Removal Team
  • -: Site Help Desk - Support Department
Re: Best options to prevent Malware attacks
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 10:42:30 PM »
Hi Mike,

I am thinking to use the no.1 rate virus software which is Bitdfender and also use SAS, this way I cover the 2 most attacks I seem to be getting all the time,

I take it that you are talking about the paid for version of each of these?
The paid for version of BitDefender would certainly seem to do what you require as regards the email cover.
There are 2 versions of the paid for program:
BitDefender Internet Security and BitDefender Total Security.

http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/internet-security.html
comparing the 2, i see no advantage to you using the Total Security.
It only offers 2 extras:
Secure Online Storage
Device Anti-Theft

Neither of which would really help in checking emails and protection of the system from malware attacks.
Only you would know if these extras would be of benefit to you.
Don't forget that both of these versions incorporate a Firewall, so your Windows firewall will need to be turned off.

Again the paid for version of SuperAntiSpyware should provide an adequate backup program to the BitDefender.

do you think this is best or is there something else you can recommend which will give me the best chances not to get Malware on my pc please?

It's not easy to say.
All programs will have their for and against arguments.
When mixing programs it's a case of try it and see.
Some may conflict and some may not.
But on the whole, i think this combination should give you a good chance of protection for what you want.

mikehendeTopic starter

Best options to prevent Malware attacks
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 03:48:33 PM »
Hey pete, how are you? I seem to be getting a lot of attacks since my job involves opening and dealing with  emails all day long and I am tired of having to clean and repair my pc. I just upgraded to Win7 and want to start off right by having good protection so i would like to ask if you can recommend the best options for me please? I am thinking to use the no.1 rate virus software which is Bitdfender and also use SAS, this way I cover the 2 most attacks I seem to be getting all the time, do you think this is best or is there something else you can recommend which will give me the best chances not to get Malware on my pc please?

* Permissions
You can't post new topics.
You can't post replies.
You can't post attachments.
You can't modify your posts.
BBCode Enabled
Smilies Enabled
[img] Enabled
HTML Disabled

Except where otherwise stated, all content, graphics, banners and images included © 2006 - 2017 Smokey Services™ -- All rights reserved
Design board graphics, banners and images by Meg&Millie - Emma aka Tinker

This site does not store profiling-, tracking-, third-party and/or any other non-essential cookie(s) on client computers and is fully compliant with the EU ePrivacy Directive
Smokey's does not use any Web Analytics/Analysis Service, and also does not use any browser fingerprinting techniques

Smokey's also provides free fully qualified FRST (Farbar Recovery Scan Tool) Log / Malware Analysis & Removal Help and System Health Checks
rifle
rifle
rifle
rifle