Author Topic: Microsoft paying a bug bounty of $30,000  (Read 17 times)

Offline Scarlett

• Updates Moderator
Microsoft paying a bug bounty of $30,000
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 07:07:46 PM »
Microsoft paying a bug bounty of $30,000
6 March 2017, 6:54 pm

First off, I have to issue something of a correction regarding last week's blog post on Intel price cuts. As it turns out, I have been informed that Intel didn't cut the prices, Micro Center cut them as a loss leader, something it frequently does. It doesn't change the bargain prices, just the motivation. So, I wanted to set the record straight on that. 

Onward. Microsoft is looking for a few good bugs. And people who will keep it quiet. 

OK, so I have no evidence of direct causality, but it seems convenient. Over the past few weeks, Google has embarrassed Microsoft twice by publicly disclosing security vulnerabilities in Windows 10 that still have not been patched after 90 days. Google has no mercy with its Zero Day disclosures and plays no favorites. Any company that does not fix a bug by 90 days after Google informs them of it will be hung out to dry. 

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Source: Network World Security

>> To obtain the full NetworkWorld Security article, click the link in the first post line <<

Except where otherwise stated, all content, graphics, banners and images included © 2006 - 2018 Smokey Services™ -- All rights reserved
Design board graphics, banners and images by DSTM & PseFrank

This site does not store profiling-, tracking-, third-party and/or any other non-essential cookie(s) on client computers and is fully compliant with the EU ePrivacy Directive
Smokey's does not use any Web Analytics/Analysis Service, and also does not use any browser fingerprinting techniques

Smokey's also provides free fully qualified Log / Malware Analysis & Removal Help and System Health Checks