Author Topic: DaFont Site Hacked, Almost 700K Accounts Exposed  (Read 53 times)

Offline Gilbert

• Updates Moderator
DaFont Site Hacked, Almost 700K Accounts Exposed
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 11:16:49 PM »
DaFont Site Hacked, Almost 700K Accounts Exposed
19 May 2017, 10:22 pm

DaFont.com was hacked earlier this month, the company announced, exposing its entire database of almost 700,000 usernames, email addresses, and passwords in plaintext. If you have an account on the site providing freely downloadable fonts, it's probably best you change your passwords to secure your other accounts. 

At fault for this hack is the platform's easy to hack password hashing system using the MD5 algorithm, as the hacker exploited a union-based SQL injection vulnerability. 

The database not only contains usernames, emails addresses, and passwords, but also data and user conversations collected from the forum, as well as corporate accounts from Microsoft, Google, Apple, and government agencies across the United States and the United Kingdom. 

"I heard the database was getting traded around so I decided to dump it myself - like I always do, mainly just for the challenge and training my pentest skills," the hacker told
Source:
Softpedia News / Security

>> To obtain the full Softpedia Security News article, click the link in the first post line <<

Except where otherwise stated, all content, graphics, banners and images included © 2006 - 2018 Smokey Services™ -- All rights reserved
Design board graphics, banners and images by DSTM & PseFrank

This site does not store profiling-, tracking-, third-party and/or any other non-essential cookie(s) on client computers and is fully compliant with the EU ePrivacy Directive
Smokey's does not use any Web Analytics/Analysis Service, and also does not use any browser fingerprinting techniques

Smokey's also provides free fully qualified Log / Malware Analysis & Removal Help and System Health Checks